When we are getting ready to travel, we have so much on our mind that it is easy to forget things. We seem to only remember once we get to point where we can no longer do anything about it. There are steps you can take to help ensure you’re taking everything with you. Creating a checklist is a tool to utilize to keep you from forgetting. In most cases there is a need multiple list. A list of what to take with you and a list of what needs done around your home before you leave. The list of what to do around the house before you leave is the one forgotten the most. While packing and making your arrangements for your trip, there is the chance that you will find things that you need. If you plan far enough ahead of time or you are willing to pay for express shipping, then shopping online will help you save money. There are websites, such as Groupon.com, that offer discounts to various merchants. Saving money on these items will give you more money for the trip. Here is a list of the top 5 things not to forget before traveling:
- Make sure all of your windows and doors are locked. It is easy to assume that they are and it is the worse feeling to come home and find your home robbed. It is better to take the time to do a double check.
- All perishable items in the kitchen need to be disposed of. It is better to dispose of them ahead of time. Coming home to moldy food is not only unpleasing but it is also unsanitary. Left sitting long enough the mold will be released into the air.
- Making arrangements to have all plants and animals care for is very important. The last thing you want is for your animals to go without.
- Putting a hold on your mail or making arrangements for someone to collect is important to keep your house from looking empty. The last thing you want is for your home to look empty and inviting to burglars.
- Having someone come by and occasionally check on your home will give you the added peace of mind knowing your home is safe.
There are other small things that you can do to make your home less of a mess when you come home. For prolonged trips, setting your iRobot up helps keep the house clean while you’re gone. During the summer, arranging for your lawn care to be taken care of keeps you from having to deal with an overgrown lawn when you return home. If it is winter it will be more than a convenience to arrange to have the snow shoveled around your home. It is important to have this arranged, for the safety of your neighbors.